May 12, 2011

Stash Aquisition Without Reason

While knitting and crocheting are still stalled, my stash continues to grow, albeit at a much slower pace. I may have aquired a bit of Wollmeise laceweight and a few new magazines. And then there's this.

DSC_0945

This is Studio Sport from the Neighborhood Fiber Co. is a divine color (a little darker in reality) called Cooper Circle and it's the closest I'll get to knitting for Peanut prior to birth. I plan to pack this up in my bag along with a simple pattern and set of needles and a bit of ribbon. While I'm stuck in the hospital I hope to make a little hat for the baby to wear home - with ribbon if it's a girl, plain if it's not. Since I'll be there for a few days I think I can do it.

DSC_0974

I also got this, a bit of Jared Flood's new yarn, Shelter, in a yummy red called Long Johns. I really wish that you could feel it. It's marvelous! I love nontraditional colors on babies and I see the 5 skeins of this becoming a nice, warm, fall sweater for Peanut.

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

That sounds like a perfect plan for knitting that baby hat.

Anonymous said...

HA! Who needs a reason? :)